Wednesday, February 25, 2009

WARSAW WAS RAW

*sigh*

So, Rachel is in Communicare and doing well... As well as to be expected but still.

Her and I had the discussion a couple weeks ago about her going into the ACSU (Adult Crisis Stabilization Unit) in hopes of her getting her moods and or meds sorted so that she can hold down a job and possibly go to college without her bi-polar disorder take hold. With the moving in full swing, inventory in a matter of weeks, and her going into the hospital, it's been stressful and I've been pulling at my hair alot. Cowlicks or failed attempts at developing a Wolverine like do. You be the judge.

So what was to be a 3 day stay looks like it will be extended as she has had a manic high this morning and her therapist wants to keep her under observation. This therapist is the real deal from what she says. The one she usually sees are interns and this guy she's talking to now is a seasoned pro (think switching from J.D. to Dr. Cox for treatment).

I visited her yesterday and got my ass handed to me in a game of HORSE. Half black and seemingly I didn't get the basketball genes. She gets to keep her cell phone and talks on when having a smoke outside. Otherwise, it's group therapy, one on one treatment from her therapist and doctor, and more or less working to get herself stabalized.

So, whilest she's in there, I've been keeping myself distracted. Listening to my vinyl records over at the old apartment while I pack, sort and clean. Moving with the help of friends with automobiles (her car is here with me, but no keys to drive it.. Don't think I want to anyway.. she's already worried about me burning down our new place anyway..). I'm going on an hour of sleep from last night and a pot of coffee and no doubt will call it an early night tonight.

My hopes today are as follows:

  • Finish moving with the help of my former neighbor, Anna. She's become like a second mom to me and Rach and will also help me clean up the old place. I still stand by my wanting to drop brown dragons in the closets. The landlords have it comin'...
  • Make a decent meal for myself. Possibly seasoned chicken, mac and cheese and buttery italian green beans... Mmm! Last night I was lazy and just had Wendy's and a leg quarter later that night.
  • Take a nice walk and hopefully get enough cold air to knock me unconcious...

More to come later, just need to get out there and get cracking on the cleaning.

1 comment:

LaceFace said...

Thanks for the sweet comments, hope all is well your way! =)